The Levante name was inspired by a warm, Mediterranean wind that can change from mild to gale force in an instant, mirroring the character of the first Maserati SUV. It enables the Trident to access the largest luxury segment in the world and contributes to creating of the most complete product line-up in Maserati’s history.
The Levante is based on the evolution of the sedan platform, designed exclusively by Maserati. The car chassis has been specifically developed to offer unique on-road drivability and competitive off-road capability, with day-to-day comfort and practicality.
The Levante’s design is distinctive and attractive, embracing the most valuable aesthetic elements of Italian style. Its design brings a new concept to the SUV world, combining spaciousness and coupé lines while achieving the best aerodynamic efficiency in its segment with a Cx coefficient of just 0.31.
The thoroughbred on-road handling typical of all Maserati cars and solid off-road capabilities, as demanded in the SUV segment, describe the car’s overall dynamic. The Levante is here to excite any sports car driver counting on performance-oriented features, such as the extensive use of lightweight materials, ideal 50-50% weight distribution and its lowest in class centre of gravity.
The Levante was designed to deliver best in class comfort on rough terrains and handling on snow and ice. The aluminium “double wishbone – five link” suspension layout comprises standard Air Springs and electronically controlled Skyhook shock absorbers combined with the intelligent Q4 All-Wheel-Drive system and the newly introduced Torque Vectoring system.
The Levante is equipped with the latest evolution of the Maserati 3-litre V6 engines, globally acclaimed for their unique Maserati signature sound and exceptional performance. The petrol Maserati V6 engine with latest GDI and twin turbo is available in two versions: the top of the range 430 hp and the exciting 350 hp. The most powerful Levante makes it to 100 km/h in 5.2” and has a top speed of 264 km/h, while the figures for the 350 hp version are 6.0” and 251 km/h respectively.
The Maserati Levante adopt the eight-speed automatic ZF gearbox that provides seamless comfort and fast gear shifting, depending on the selected drive mode: “Normal”, I.C.E., “Sport” or “Off-road”.
The Levante has entered the SUV segment with a marked advantage in terms of new options and content, including: Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go function, Forward Collision Warning and Brake Assist System, Lane Departure Warning, Surround View camera, the capacitive 8.4″ Touch Screen display with brand new rotary control and a high level of customisation. The result is a driving experience that is as unique as the Maserati brand and its customers.
A new state-of-the-art production line was set up exclusively for the Levante in the historic Mirafiori plant. Maserati’s 100-year tradition of craftsmanship and cutting-edge technology guarantees outstanding quality right down to the tiniest of details.
- Cx = 0.31, best in class aerodynamic coefficient
- 0 litre V6 turbo engines line-up
- Gasoline engines manufactured by Ferrari in Maranello
- 0 V6 twin-turbo GDI petrol engine with 430 hp & 350 hp
- Best in class specific power and torque for the 430 hp engine
- 0-100 in 5.2” and 264 km/h top speed for the 430 hp version
- Extensive use of aluminium in chassis, body and suspension
- Ideal 50:50 weight distribution
- Lowest centre of gravity in SUV class
- Intelligent Q4 AWD system with standard Torque Vectoring
- Maserati Stability Program developed for on-road and off-road use
- Double wishbone front and five-link rear suspension
- Standard Air Spring Suspension with 4 ride height levels (plus normal ride height and parking height levels)
- Electronically controlled Skyhook shock absorbers
- Best in class 100-0 km/h in 34.5 m for 430 hp version
- New Human Machine Interface with 8.4” Touch Screen
- Sumptuous leather interior as standard
- Sport and Luxury specific packages offered from launch
- Standard Air Quality Sensor on all variants